Maine Revenue Services Selects RSI’s DiscoverTax®
March 24, 2010. Pembroke, MA – Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI), a company that specializes in providing revenue and compliance management products and services specifically to federal, state and local government revenue agencies, is pleased to announce that Maine Revenue Services (MRS) has selected RSI and DiscoverTax® for their Data Warehouse Collection Initiative (DWCI). This initiative will provide for the generation of increased tax revenue from tax debtors based on a fully-integrated data warehouse utilizing advanced data mining techniques, statistical selection and scoring, automated assessment technology and improved business intelligence capabilities.
Collectively, the taxes administered by MRS generate over $3 billion revenue annually. In order to administer these taxes as effectively as possible, MRS requires the ability to compare data from both internal and external data sources for use in the identification of areas of non-compliance and the enforcement of tax laws. The data may be provided by taxpayers on tax returns, obtained from other State agencies, from U.S. government agencies such as the Internal Revenue Service, or from other external sources.
This Project represents RSI’s continuation of work with MRS (where RSI is currently modernizing Maine’s Integrated Tax System) and will become RSI’s eleventh DiscoverTax® client. The project entails a five year benefits-funded arrangement between RSI and MRS where RSI will be paid through benefits achieved by the solution. The DiscoverTax® implementation, which began this month in Augusta, Maine, will:
- Deliver a robust data warehouse populated with data from a variety of sources, both internal and external to MRS.
- Automate and expand MRS’s individual income tax compliance programs in order to increase revenue through accurate identification of non-filers.
- Improve and automate procedures used to detect fraudulent or erroneous refund requests under MRS’s individual income tax and the tax and rent rebate program.
- Integrate data mining and business intelligence tools that will enable MRS to perform complex queries for purposes of revenue estimation and econometric forecasting.
- Establish an extensible and scalable platform that will support additional data sources, compliance solutions, and business intelligence functionality as new objectives are identified.
RSI’s scope of work will be performed in phases over the five year period with additional scope to be considered starting in year three. RSI is looking forward to expanding its relationship and product suite with MRS.
About Revenue Solutions, Inc.
RSI’s mission, since incorporating in 1996, is to assist government agencies realize their business objectives and achieve significant results from information technology investments. RSI partners with clients on IT initiatives to improve customer service, increase operational efficiency and maximize compliance. Federal, state and local government agencies rely on RSI’s extensive expertise in business and technical domains. RSI has provided solutions to more than twenty five (25) Tax & Revenue agencies at the federal, state and city levels. With a dedicated team of full-time business and information systems consultants and a suite of software solutions, RSI is one of the largest organizations of its kind dedicated exclusively to tax, labor and child support agencies.