Indiana Department of Revenue went live with Revenue Premier® for Special Taxes
January 1, 2015. Pembroke, MA – Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI), a company that specializes in providing revenue and compliance management products and services to Federal, State and Municipal government revenue, labor and child support agencies, is pleased to announce another milestone in its partnership with the Indiana Department of Revenue (IN DOR). With RSI’s Revenue Premier® Integrated Tax Processor, IN DOR went live, at the end of November 2014, with its Special Taxes Initiative. This initiative included the conversion of Special Taxes (Cigarette Stamps, Other Tobacco Products and Alcohol) from dated, stand-alone systems to the modern Revenue Premier integrated tax system.
In only the first two weeks of production, the IN DOR had already successfully processed nearly $10 million in payments and renewed licenses, and processed hundreds of returns. The project included the following functionality:
- Entity Identification, Registrations and Licensing
- Tax Processing for 11 redesigned forms with various schedules (Cigarette and OTP were the first in the nation to meet new FTA uniformity standards)
- Payment Processing for EFT and manual check payments
- Inventory Management for stamps and stamp invoicing
- Correspondence Management
- Case Management for Registrations, Refunds and Billing
- Integration with Indiana’s Financial “Hub”
- 15 new reports, in addition to modifications to standard reports
- Conversion from four legacy data sources and a custom view of the legacy archive
In addition to the Special Taxes implementation, the RSI team also achieved the following:
- Upgraded Revenue Premier Portfolio Warehouse (loading 11 new data sources)
- Implemented a Non-Filer program that sent over 30,000 letters and generated over $6 million in benefits within the first six months
- Deployed Revenue Premier Audit Manager (Audit Case Management and Audit Workpapers) for 150+ auditors managing over 4,000 audit cases after just five months
- Began working on the Return Evaluation (Refund Fraud) program for TY2014
This marked the third major implementation of Revenue Premier in 2014 at IN DOR. IN DOR previously implemented RSI’s Revenue Premier Portfolio Warehouse and Audit Manager modules.
About Revenue Solutions, Inc.
RSI’s mission, since incorporating in 1996, is to assist government agencies realize their business objectives and achieve significant results from information technology investments. RSI partners with clients on information technology initiatives to improve customer service, increase operational efficiency and maximize compliance. Federal, State and Municipal government agencies rely on RSI’s extensive expertise in business and technical domains. With a dedicated team of full-time business and information systems consultants and a suite of software solutions, RSI is one of the largest organizations of its kind dedicated exclusively to tax, labor and child support agencies.
Revenue Premier®, RSI’s flagship product, provides an integrated, functional and advanced technical solution to support the processing, tax accounting and compliance functions of a revenue agency. Revenue Premier is comprised of four (4) primary modules – Integrated Tax Processor, Collections Manager, Portfolio Warehouse and Audit Manager. Revenue Premier boasts an open technical design and a set of shared services which provide vast flexibility for reusing services, integrating other products and a variety of supporting technical infrastructure options.